Syke-forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2 Facts

2 posters

Go down

Guild Wars 2 Facts Empty Guild Wars 2 Facts

Post  Nimon Nex Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:56 pm

I was asked to look up some information about our comming favorite game Guild Wars 2, i also tried to get some pictures of the new game and added any i could find atm to our gallery here on the Forum.
Guild Wars 2 Information and Facts
As i type, no release date has been set for Guild Wars 2 atm, however the beta test of the new game engine has been set to the 2nd half of 2008, hopfully it will hit the world around the last months of 2008.
Guild Wars 2 uses a new graphical engine that will suport direkt-x 10 and will take a bit more of your computer to run nicely at high screen resolutions. The movement and the controlls in the game have been changed completly, mouse movement "klick to go" have completly been removed from the game and (yes finally i know) we are now going to be able to jump, swim, climb trees, slide and more things.

A little game story

The game will take us back to Tyria and the the Kingdom of Ascalon, Kryta and places from all 3 Campains we all visited and saved during Guild Wars, only now, 250 years into the future the world has changed.. Ancient dragons have awaken after a millenia of slumber and are now tormenting the world we once saved. Ascalon is now completly ruled by the Charr, only one single outpost of humans now remain, Ebonhawke the fortress. The remaning humans have established a new capital in Devinity´s Reach since Lions Arch was lost to tidlewaves created by the dragons that came up from the sea between Kryta and Cantha. One dragon also arose in the Crystal Desert, cutting off the link to Elona..

The other races have it far more better than the humans, like the Charr and Norn that continue to be at peace from mutual respect. The Asuras spread through all cities maintaining a network of gates but are still strictly neutral. The dwards who persued the destroyers down to the depts in the end of GW:EN and are now deathless creatures of stone, watching the ages go by.

Races and Choises

There will be a number of new races introduced in Guild Wars 2, 5 races have so far been announced, Asura, Charr, Human, Norn, Sylvari.
Each race will have their own special skills, strenght and weakness.
Skills we use will differ in power and effectivness depending on when and how we use them, like when we jump or are surrounded by enemys. A dual weapon combination is being spoken of in some forums and it would be a wish come true for many of us warriors to finaly be able to swing 2 swords for massive dmg and new combos. Allies and heros system are being remade and we are now able to bring a Companion with us on our adventures, like Heros they can be given weapons, armor and items to boost their powers. The Companion dosn´t take up an party slot but u are only able to have one with u at the time.
The original Guild Wars characters are not going to be able to come to the new Guild Wars 2 game, the Guild Wars 2 will be a fresh new start for all. Only some things can be retrived from those who have GW:EN and a hall of monuments, names will also be reserved through this system.

PvP, World PvP

The PvP will be the same as in the original exept from a few new changes, the real change is the new World PvP where there will be an unlimited fight between all races and 2 opposite teams. These fight will take place in the Mists, where all worlds and places connect. In other terms there will be an all out war where only the strongest will be left on the top as the champions of the Misty Realm..

This was my report and review of the game we are all waiting for, the original Guild Wars will ofcourse continue to run and be updated as usual after the release of the new Guild Wars 2. I am still working on finding pictures atm, anything i find usefull i will add to the Gallery here on our forum. I hope my writing was good and u enjoyed your reading. I will continue to keep you updated on our grand new game in the future!

//Nimon Nex afro
Nimon Nex
Nimon Nex

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-11-09

Character sheet
MAGIC:
Guild Wars 2 Facts Left_bar_bleue0/0Guild Wars 2 Facts Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
LIFE:
Guild Wars 2 Facts Left_bar_bleue0/0Guild Wars 2 Facts Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.nimon.be

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 Facts Empty Re: Guild Wars 2 Facts

Post  Admin Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:00 pm

good work nimon

cheers cheers we want more we want more cheers cheers
lol! lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Character sheet
MAGIC:
Guild Wars 2 Facts Left_bar_bleue25/0Guild Wars 2 Facts Empty_bar_bleue  (25/0)
LIFE:
Guild Wars 2 Facts Left_bar_bleue100/0Guild Wars 2 Facts Empty_bar_bleue  (100/0)

https://syke.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down