Syke-forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dervish ToucherD/N

2 posters

Go down

Dervish ToucherD/N Empty Dervish ToucherD/N

Post  super moosse Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:36 pm

This is the build stub I am going to post on guru so my humor is directed more at them then this community. Enjoy, and I don't really like touching but I do like pissing them off.

Toucher Reborn

I love my touch ranger. Call me a noob; becuase that build takes no skill to use, because I touch you, and your pet, . . . in special places, because I give you back your conditions, because when you hex/cripple me I try to touch anything I can, becasue I touch in groups or by myself, and becaue I just like to see "you toucher noob!?!!" in all chat. . .

. . . but definetly because I made another toucher build that will likely annoy you and other people as more noobs find out about it.

Name: Touch Dervish

Profession: D/N

Type: AB, RA, PvE

Category: Annoyance

Weapon: Insightful Blood Staff of Enchantment

Armor: Radiant Armor with Runes of Attunement on everything else.

Attributes:

Mysticism: 15 (12 + 3 + 1)

Blood: 10

Death: 10

Skills: (if a knew how to get the skill images I would do that ... still a noob lol)

Dark Aura

Touch of Agony

Wallow's Bite

Plague Touch

Faithful Intervention

Eremite's Zeal

Pious Haste

Summary:

This build revolves around Avatar of Dwayna. It will last for 75 seconds and in this time you will do the most damage. Further on I will go over what to do when Avatar of Dwayna is no longer up. Next you will put on Dark Aura. This is going to last you 30 seconds and you should only lose 15 health when it activates (important to remember this later). So now you simply go up and touch people with Touch of Agony and Wallow's Bite. They will activate both Avatar of Dwayna and Dark Aura. Avatar of Dwayna will give you 60 health + remove one hex. So assuming you put a sup vigor (I will go over later where you health range should be) and the Sup rune of Mysticism you should have 480.

So we do a little math and 10% of 480 is 48 plus the 15 from Dark Aura putting you at 63 loss but there is the plus 60 so you will have minus 3 health for every activation of these touch skills.

Many of you as I am sure are very smart and will point out that the previous build "healed" you as you touched people and right you are. So I now introduce Plague Touch at this point. You all are probably like "What is this noob talking about, Plauge Touch doesn't heal you!" Well in this build it does. Plague touch makes this whole build work. Now this is the most important part of this build ***when you activate Plague Touch, even if you don't have a condtion, you will be healed for 60 health, lose 1 condtion, 1 hex, for 5 energy, in 3/4 casting time, and with NO RECHARGE!!!!!!!!*** A few spams of that skill and rull health. Also this build is flexible in that you do not have to have Dark Aura up. If you remove it you are actually healed for 12 health with the damage touch skills. Not much but hay you never know.

An important thing to know is that Avatar of Dwayna activates before Dark Aura and any of the touch skills so if you have max health at 480 you will be healed first for 60 which won't count and then you will lose 63 health putting you at 417. Every other touch skill will only make you lose 3 health. I mention this becuase you don't have to overheal yourself with Plauge Touch. If you keep doing it until you get max health it will be a waste because your first touch skill will take it right off again.

For whatever reason say Plague Touch got canceled by Diversion, whatever. Your back up heal is with Faithful Intervention and Ermite's Zeal. Just throw Faithful on and immediately activate Ermite's Zeal which will remove it. This will give you 150 health back. This is also the technique you will be using when Avatar of Dwayna is no longer active and you won't get heals from Plague Touch. During this time I normally do not have Dark Aura up and will use the touch skills where needed. This is pretty much your most vunerable time so be careful and choose your targets wisely.

Moving on. Discussions about energy. With weapons and armor you should have 54 energy. All of your skills cost 5 energy except for Dark Aura so nothing should be making you lose energy really fast. Even with spamming the touch skills and Plague Touch it is still hard to lose energy fast. At this point again I bet many of you are thinking, "Well that is great that you can give one good run and all but what then. How are you going to get all that energy back from spamming those skills?" Faitful Intervention and Ermite's Zeal. You should get 20 energy back. Yes, yes I know Ermite's caps at 15 max but you are also removing an enchanment and have 15 in Mysticism you you will be getting 20 back. Overall you get a net gain of only 10 but if you are doing this all along your energy should stay pretty high. Also good for dire situations when you do the noob thing and run away with Pious Haste.

So here are some advantages and disadvantages to using this build over the Touch Ranger build.

Advantages:

-You do more damage per every touch. You will do a total of 80 damage with Dark Aura and an addition 35 to everyone around you. OMG an AoE toucher!! what has the world come to.

-Plague Touch becoming a healing skill and hex removal in addition to condition removal.

-Hex removal. Which was a definte weakness in the Touch Ranger build

-Better energy management because you don't have to sacrifice a good chunk of your health to get it when you really need it

-Very adaptible. I didn't mention it because I am still working on some other skills but you can switch a few skills out for others depending upon the situation. Like Res Sig for Pious Haste or Eremite's Zeal, etc. You could probably do without Dark Aura but the extra damage really helps.

Disadvantages:

-Original build gives direct heals with every touch this does not (I am not talking about Plague Touch here)

-Avatar of Dwayna going down weakens you. This really only happens to me in AB when I get ganged up on and might have to wait longer for it to recharge because I died instead of having it run out.

-Enchanment stripping, kind of, depends on whether you really want dark aura up at the moment but Faithful intervention acts as a great cover enchantment

-Can take damage easy from casters although the same could be said for the Touch Ranger.

-Sacrificing your health will not activate Faithful Intervention

The last thing I want to talk about is the few of you who are going to respond with "why not lower your health because having more health to sacrifice is just going to hurt you". After trying health ammounts having lower health is really going to hurt you. However having to high health will also hurt you. Ideally you want your health between 430 to 480. With low health and Avatar of Dwayna down you are almost useless. With your health between 430-480 you can still provide damage and be healed for a reasonable amount without health sacrifice being hazardous.

Credit: To my guild as always, Syke, and all those other noob touchers out there!

Credits go to Cleric Very Happy
super moosse
super moosse
officer
officer

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-09-22

Character sheet
MAGIC:
Dervish ToucherD/N Left_bar_bleue200/100Dervish ToucherD/N Empty_bar_bleue  (200/100)
LIFE:
Dervish ToucherD/N Left_bar_bleue200/100Dervish ToucherD/N Empty_bar_bleue  (200/100)

Back to top Go down

Dervish ToucherD/N Empty Re: Dervish ToucherD/N

Post  Teino Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:07 pm

super moosse wrote:
Skills: (if a knew how to get the skill images I would do that ... still a noob lol)

Dark Aura

Touch of Agony

Wallow's Bite

Plague Touch

Faithful Intervention

Eremite's Zeal

Pious Haste

[

i will do the skill images.

Dervish ToucherD/N Avatar_of_DwaynaDervish ToucherD/N Dark_AuraDervish ToucherD/N Touch_of_AgonyDervish ToucherD/N Wallow%27s_BiteDervish ToucherD/N Plague_TouchDervish ToucherD/N Faithful_InterventionDervish ToucherD/N Eremite%27s_ZealDervish ToucherD/N Pious_Haste
Teino
Teino
officer
officer

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Character sheet
MAGIC:
Dervish ToucherD/N Left_bar_bleue1337/1337Dervish ToucherD/N Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/1337)
LIFE:
Dervish ToucherD/N Left_bar_bleue1337/1337Dervish ToucherD/N Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/1337)

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=234

Back to top Go down