Syke-forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ele/Dervish Boss Farmer

Go down

Ele/Dervish Boss Farmer Empty Ele/Dervish Boss Farmer

Post  super moosse Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:40 pm

This build uses two Nightfall skills to make the elementalist almost unkillable. It can handle many attackers (indeed, the more the better for boss killing) and deals with degen very very well. It is vulnerable to enchant strippers (but a strip is not instantly lethal, so it is possible to recover sometimes) and has limited vulnerability to interrupts. I've come up with this build myself (though I imagine I'm not the only one) so I'm still testing to see where I can use it, but initial results are promising. Also, this build is also very good at decimating normal mobs, so it isn't necessarily a hit-and-run build.

------------

Attributes

------------

-Earth Magic = 12 + 3 + 1

-Energy Storage = 10 + 1

-Earth Prayers = 8

------------------

Required Skills

------------------

-Elemental Attunement {Elite}

-Earth Attunement

-Armor of Earth

-Stoneflesh Aura [Nightfall]

-Mystical regeneration [Nightfall Dervish]

-Sliver Armor [Factions]

------------------------

Recommended Skills

------------------------

Glyph of Concentration

Crystal Wave

Obsidian Flame

Stone Daggers

Aura of Restoration

Fleeting Stability [Nightfall Dervish]

-------

Items

-------

Totem Axe

Earth Scroll

-------

Usage

-------

If there are few interrupts, this build is relatively easy to use. Before aggroing enemies, cast all your enchants (except for Sliver Armor). You now have 80% off your Earth skills, 122 Armor, 33 damage reduction, and +15 health regeneration (the game caps health regen at +10, but every point counts if you have degen on you). Now, either start killing the mob, or if you're after a boss, walk up to it and cast Sliver Armor. Watch as its health drops, and finish it off with your offensive spells. While this is happening, be sure to keep your enchants up, but they should all recharge comfortably before they expire, so you shouldn't have much trouble. There is no urgency with this build, and Sliver Armor doesn't cause the monster AI to go nuts, so things are pretty straightforward.

If there are interrupts, take Glyph of Concentration, and if there are knockdowns, take Fleeting Stability. Build usage is identical to above, except that Glyph of Concentration must be cast before you try and renew your enchants. This makes the build more difficult to use, but it is still possible to keep all the enchants up with careful timing (this has been tested against Jade Brotherhood mesmers).

In an hour of testing, I've killed three (ritualist, mesmer, assassin) of the bosses in Shenzun Tunnels (in one run), Xuelao, Lian Dragon's Petal, and Orosen Tranquil Alcolyte (his mob was very interrupt heavy, but I barely managed to kill him). I haven't tried any others yet, and Orosen was the only boss in the list I found difficult to kill.

I know I'm having great fun playing with this build, and I hope you have fun too ^_^.

also from old forums, credits to the writer
super moosse
super moosse
officer
officer

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-09-22

Character sheet
MAGIC:
Ele/Dervish Boss Farmer Left_bar_bleue200/100Ele/Dervish Boss Farmer Empty_bar_bleue  (200/100)
LIFE:
Ele/Dervish Boss Farmer Left_bar_bleue200/100Ele/Dervish Boss Farmer Empty_bar_bleue  (200/100)

Back to top Go down